Sunday 8 April 2012

The 1940 Census! 

The 1940 Census is now free on Ancestry.  If you know where to look for your ancestors you should be able to find them.  It's not indexed which is probably why it's free but make the most of the opportunity while you can - it doesn't come around often.


I've found my Dad as well as my Mom with just a bit of searching - mostly for my Dad as they moved after 1930.  Not far but enough that I had to go through about 100 sheets - yes, I'm a bit cross-eyed now.

I'll update my Rootsweb file in a bit once I've had a chance to add what I have found.  I also found other family members - not exactly my line of search but since I came across them I saved the record and will add just to have them in case others do not.

Have fun searching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment